Saturday, July 17, 2010

9 minute update, GO!

hi! i'm in Rome! i have yet to see the Pope, but i'm sure it's just a matter of time, right? he lives here, there've got to be some great Pope-spotting areas. anyway.

tomorrow i'm going to St. Peter's Basilica. should be good.

let's see... in Rome... what have i done... oh yeah!

i toured the Coliseum, the Roman Forum and Palatine Hill, an odd little crypt, and i ate dinner at Piazza Navona. oh! and today i went into the Pantheon. The Parthenon is in Athens.

my life isn't changed, as somebody *ahem* assured me it would be, simply by being in Rome. but i am rather tan and i've been told several times that i look like a native. in my dressing, as well as my skin-tone.

that reminds me! i ran into a newlywed couple while i was looking for the crypt, and the three of us spent the rest of the day together. we amused each other. at least, i assume so. they amused me and i'm pretty sure they amused themselves. anyway. that reminded me of a thought i've had several times throughout this trip: i think it might be more fun if i weren't alone. oh well.

um... so i'm not sure where i'm going next. i've put a few lines out on some websites, but if they don't bite it'll either be a RIDICULOUSLY CHEAP city such as Prague (i think i might go to Prague. i don't know if you figured that out by the several times i've mentioned it, but now you know) or back to the US. but i dunno. i kinda feel like my trip isn't done. i can't go back yet, there's more to come. or something. i dunno.

i started making a list last night of Things I Miss, and Things I Don't Miss. inspired by the snoring jerk in the room with me. not an interesting list, but it's mine.

right, i think that's, no wait! it's ten minutes! dang! bye!

4 comments:

  1. I think you should definitely go to Prague next. Also I'm sure you know about it, but if not have you tried couchsurfing.com yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i hear Prague is a great city for baths. You bathe, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melissa: Loren is my friend on couchsurfing, i've sent 4 requests to 2 cities thus far, not one response. my faith in humanity is shattered.

    Amy: sometimes. but always under protest.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rumor is that Croatia is like Italy at half the price...

    ReplyDelete